FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crisp image pixelated in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Simpson
Crisp image pixelated in AE
on Dec 5, 2015 at 7:11:42 pm

I have a useable image I have brought into AE where it is horribly pixelated. I have not seen this before, what am I missing? I am in full res mode with no effects or cameras.

croppercapture25.png squareflagsaustin.png

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Crisp image pixelated in AE
on Dec 5, 2015 at 7:23:29 pm

You have scaled your comp up 400%, reset your comp window to 100% and it will be crisp. When you zoom into your comp, images, vectors, text, all become pixelated, AE doesn't rasterize for comp zoom in.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jon Simpson
on Dec 5, 2015 at 8:15:07 pm

I understand that but when I go to the original file (sitting in a precomp) that sits in that window, I can zoom in all the way and it is waaaay crisper than how it looks in the main comp.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 6, 2015 at 2:01:07 am

Okay, that really shouldn't make a difference, unless you have some different transformations going on in the precomp vs the final comp, effects in either comp? What type of file are we talking about, is it a bitmap or an illustrator vector based file?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Dec 7, 2015 at 5:40:17 pm

if you have a victory layer(s) in the pre-comp that have 'continuously rasterize' enabled (the little sun-like icon in the timelines' s layer switches, next to shy layers option), then you'll also nee to have that option checked in the main comp for that nested comp layer.

note that can change the behavior of that nested comp and effects on that netted comp in the main comp to some degree.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]