FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adjusting Colours in a project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Conlon
Adjusting Colours in a project
on Oct 5, 2015 at 1:34:46 pm

Hi there,

I've been working through a motion graphics project in After Effects, and just as we're about to finalize - there has been a shift in direction for the colour palette. The animation uses only six colours, but now I am looking to replace them all with six new colours. I wish there was a sort of 'find and replace' option for any instance of a colour. Are there any quick fixes to this instea dof going into each and ever comp and manually changing the colour values?

Really appreciate any help here. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Adjusting Colours in a project
on Oct 5, 2015 at 7:30:07 pm

For preview purposes you could add an adjustment layer with several Change to Color effects on it to change the individual colors. You can copy and paste this layer onto other comps. I wouldn't recommend this for final, but if you wanted to test the color palette first before going through the trouble of changing everything, it is an option.

Return to posts index

Andrew Conlon
on Oct 5, 2015 at 8:24:55 pm

Thanks Kalle,

I appreciate this. I was working with adjustment layers for now - but was getting some random unexpected changes, so I get that it is not meant for final!

I'm dealing with frames like this - so while its simple flat colours, the thought of manually changing each one is TERRIFYING!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Oct 6, 2015 at 8:23:30 am

You might be interested in this plug-in.

http://aescripts.com/ray-dynamic-color/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 7, 2015 at 3:58:06 pm

In a case Like this, AE's Fill effect might come in very handy... and I stress the word, "might".

We don't know what's being animated, and that makes all the difference in the world.

For example, if those dots keep changing colors, it'll be a nightmare and you might as well let the team know right now that it will take as long do do the colort fix as it originally took to animate.

If those dots DON'T change colors, it won't be so bad.

But we don't know what's being animated.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]