FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to recreate this effect - Stretchy Glitch

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ollie Inglis
How to recreate this effect - Stretchy Glitch
on Mar 24, 2015 at 9:08:41 am

Hey guys,

Really want to recreate this stetched glitch effect from the music video 'MNEK - Wrote A Song About You'.

Here is a link to the video, and the effect happens quite frequently. An example of which can be found at 0:53 seconds. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best Wishes,

O

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How to recreate this effect - Stretchy Glitch
on Mar 24, 2015 at 1:37:23 pm

You can accomplish that with a combination of the smear effect and block dissolve. You might want to look up the smear effect on the help it's not an intuitive effect, but basically you create two masks on your layer or adjustment layer. You can set the mask to none so it wont mask your layer if you directly apply it to a layer. One mask sets the boundry of the effect, second mask stretches your layer. Then you can adjust the offset and amount of the smear.

Here's a simple example project that should give you a starting point: 8677_smeareffectfolder.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How to recreate this effect - Stretchy Glitch
on Jun 12, 2015 at 12:47:49 pm

Signature test

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]