FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make only an area of the layer being affected...?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vincent lagerwall
How to make only an area of the layer being affected...?
on Oct 8, 2013 at 12:36:16 am

Hi,

I´ve been trying for hours to figure out how to seperate a layer into different parts, like creating some sort of mask or something so only an area of the layer is affected instead of the whole layer. What I´m trying to do is to animate some cloth blowing in the wind, but I can´t select that specific area where the cloth is, instead when I move the cloth, the entire picture gets affected and bent. I´m a beginner, started using it yesterday so if it´s possible it would be great to get some step by step help on this matter.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: How to make only an area of the layer being affected...?
on Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41:13 am

Start here to learn After Effects: http://adobe.ly/bjBT3P

Early in those materials, you learn about things like masks and adjustment layers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to make only an area of the layer being affected...?
on Oct 8, 2013 at 4:40:39 pm

[vincent lagerwall] "I´m a beginner, started using it yesterday so if it´s possible it would be great to get some step by step help on this matter."

Although the Good Mr. Kopriva didn't say it, I will: don't expect miracles from Day One when using AE.

The application is just too complicated. It contains too many ways to foil your best efforts without a thorough grounding in the basics... and that takes time.

Don't get me wrong: AE is great. But you have to put in your time and pay your dues by learning the basics. Everybody does. Those who don't soon give up using the application.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]