FORUMS: list search recent posts

Allow specific layers in a precomp to be unaffected by overall precomp Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandra Jasso
Allow specific layers in a precomp to be unaffected by overall precomp Effects
on Jul 23, 2013 at 6:01:40 pm

Hi, I'm doing a set of precomps for a video, and everything is in black and white except for some logos I was given.
On the precomp I put a Tint effect changing all the black and white to blues, but I want the logo (which is inside the precomp an thus affected by the Tint), to retain its original color, is there anyway to "exclude" this particular layer from the Tint effect?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Allow specific layers in a precomp to be unaffected by overall precomp Effects
on Jul 23, 2013 at 7:48:06 pm

Few different ways, but I would remove the Tint from the precomp, step into the precomp and add an adjustment layer. Place the logo above the adjustment layer and add the Tint effect to the adjustment layer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Sandra Jasso
Re: Allow specific layers in a precomp to be unaffected by overall precomp Effects
on Jul 24, 2013 at 1:36:24 am

Thanks! Did just that, I guess I was only overthinking it.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jul 24, 2013 at 11:52:59 am

Happy to help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]