FORUMS: list search recent posts

A noob question for you guys

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Moller
A noob question for you guys
on Jun 24, 2013 at 11:24:01 am

Hello there
I desperately need your help for something i have been scratching my head over for the last hour. I am pretty new to after effects, so it will probably seem like a noobish question for some of you - anyway:
i have a video clip, and at one point (lets say 10 seconds in) i need to stretch this exact frame out so it lasts longer. I don't know if there is a better way to explain this, but imagine if we have a footage that lasts 20 seconds. 10 seconds in i need to stretch this frame out so it last, lets say, 5 seconds. After these five seconds the rest of the footage continues playing, so now the entire footage lasts 25 seconds. (timeline: 10 seconds of footage, 5 seconds of this exact frame, 10 seconds of the rest of the footage).

Man i do not know if i have complicated the explanation here, but really it is a pretty simple problem.

Thanks in advance
Andy

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: A noob question for you guys
on Jun 24, 2013 at 2:50:55 pm

What you are after is called Time Remapping. What you want to do(using your time/example) would be to drop your clip on to the create new comp icon, press "cntl + k" to open up the project settings and change your duration to 25 seconds.

Press "Cntl + Alt + T" to enable Time Remapping. This will create a start keyframe and end keyframe. Go to the spot you want to Freeze/Stretch time and create a new keyframe. Now copy that keyframe"cntl+c". Press "*" to add a layer marker. Press "end", and with your layer clip selected press "alt + ]" to extend your layer to the end of the comp. Now grab the last 2 keyframes and move them as to the end of the composition, the last keyframe should be at the end of the composition. Now go back to your layer marker and paste"cntl + v" the keyframe you copied.

Feel free to ask questions if you have problems with my explanation.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: A noob question for you guys
on Jun 24, 2013 at 3:15:24 pm

Actually thought of an easier method. Go the frame you want to freeze and press "shift+cntl+d" to split the layer. Now select the bottom layer(make sure you are still on the frame you want to freeze) and go to Layer>Time>Freeze Frame. Now just grab the bottom layer and stretch the end out as far as you need the frame to be held, then move the top layer to that point and it will resume play.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]