FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects won't load project with dynamic link

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim De Frisco
After Effects won't load project with dynamic link
on Apr 22, 2013 at 12:01:22 am

I am new to After Effects and was having great success until the last few days. My latest project will not open (freezes at launch at 0% or 1%) and I am forced to force quit. Other projects will open fine and the only difference is that this latest project is using a Premiere Pro sequence via Dynamic Link. Even the Auto-Save versions and other "Save as " versions of this project will not open.

Seems to be related to using Dynamic Link but I can't say for sure. This has been my most complex project yet and also the first time I am using DL. For two consecutive days, I built the project and exported it without any problems, then after quitting AE, I am unable to open the project at all.

Any suggestions are appreciated since I am reluctant to use for now.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: After Effects won't load project with dynamic link
on Apr 22, 2013 at 2:58:42 am

Create a new project and import the problematic project into the new project. Does that work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Tim De Frisco
on Apr 22, 2013 at 12:48:26 pm

No, I just tried to import the project into a new project and then it freezes again as soon as the "importing selected files" window pops up.

I chose "Import>File" as opposed to "Import>Pro After Effects" since that the latter option doesn't allow me to select any items. I'm assuming that's the proper way to import the project into the new project.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Casey Mattheus
on Oct 17, 2013 at 5:17:31 pm

Same exact thing just happened to me. Can't open the AE project that contains a dynamic linked premiere timeline, can't import the project into a new comp, can't import the after effects comp into a new premiere timeline with dynamic link.

The completed project is completely unaccessible thanks to dynamic link. This really f****** sucks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]