FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Sequence has XX missing frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerel Peterson
The Sequence has XX missing frames
on Mar 11, 2013 at 3:40:14 pm

I am using a pre-made AE Template that has 38 photo placeholders. I first imported my 38 photos, then dragged them in to place on their pre-made timelines. Everything worked fine.

Now I want to make a second version with different photos. I thought I would save time by just 'Replacing' the photo files. But when I right-click on my original Photo 1 and go to 'Replace Footage | File' and pick the replacement photo, I get the message:

The sequence has (xx) missing frames.

Sometimes a replacement photo will work, but most of the time I get this message, and the photo will only last a few frames in duration. In the project window, the file name gets named to something like this: 'Photo 01 [01-25]' (for 25 missing frames).

When I open the timeline for that photo, the photo does not extend across the entire timeline, but just shows a very short bar. On the replacement photos that DON'T give me an error message, the photo DOES extend across the entire timeline.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I've tried saving as TIFFs and PSD, but get the same result.

I realize I could import each photo in to the project, then open up the correct timeline and drag the photo down to the timeline, but the Replace File method would be quite a bit faster if it would work.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: The Sequence has XX missing frames
on Mar 11, 2013 at 4:20:36 pm

Sounds like when you are importing you have the checkbox in the corner selected "Pict Sequence" "Tiff Sequence" that imports your photos like an animation. This happens when AE finds a bunch of photos with sequential numbers in them. I use this feature a lot when I'm rendering from Cinema 4D--cause I'm render to .tiff files.

Just uncheck it and you should be good.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
on Mar 11, 2013 at 5:06:42 pm

Thanks, that solves the problem !!

I would have never found that on my own, even though I was suspecting that it had something to do with a video--the icon was even showing up as a group of clustered photos rather than the typical 'TIFF' icon, yet it never occurred to me to look for a 'Sequence' checkbox.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 11, 2013 at 5:29:08 pm

Yeah, that's one of those gotchas that you don't figure out until you've been got. Glad I was able to help you out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]