FORUMS: list search recent posts

high-usage inscription in advertisements, how to make?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mariia Dakir
high-usage inscription in advertisements, how to make?
on Feb 27, 2013 at 4:34:08 pm

Hello everybody,
very often in ads videos I face with effective inscription-description like in video below:

starts at 5-6 seconds

could anybody recommend me plugin or way how can I make it in AE? Any plugin or preset?

Please help! It is impossible to just googling answer for this question that is why I am asking for your help.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: high-usage inscription in advertisements, how to make?
on Feb 27, 2013 at 5:03:25 pm

Couple of techniques are used to create that effect. Graphically it's not hard, one of the type-presets + a stroke to create the line + Glow.

The other thing is using the 3D camera tracker. Here's a pretty good tutorial showing how to use the 3D tracker:
3D Camera Tracker Basics - After Effects CS6

If you want to pay for a subscription this one looks like it would explain what you want to do also: D Object Tracking in After Effects CS6 – Tuts+ Premium

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Mariia Dakir
on Feb 27, 2013 at 5:16:35 pm

yes actually I am interesting about creating this text and line and which preset I have to use..

Although I've recognized 3D camera tracking here, thanks for links!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:02:45 am

I made an example project and you can take a look at that.

For the line, I just created a solid("Stroke") and used the pen tool to make a straight line and added the Generate > Stroke effect and keyframed the "end".

To make the ball at the end of the line, I created a black solid, changed it's transfer mode to "Add" and added the Generate > Lens Flare effect. I copied the mask path from "Stroke" and pasted that data on to the Flare Center. I then matched up the keyframes so that it would move with the stroke. Lastly I animated the Flare brightness.

For the text, I had to do this with 2 layers. For the first layer, I just did all the text except for the "]". I used the preset Animate In > Fade Up Characters. Then I made a text layer of just the "]" and keyframed the opacity and position so it looked like it was racing ahead of the text that was fading up.

To match your example, I would precompose everything. Camera track the video, create a null point and parent my text precomp to that null.

Here's my example project, hope it gives you a good starting point: 5545_stroke.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Feb 28, 2013 at 10:46:46 am

Mariia

John has already given you an excellent way to achieve this effect. Though you may find these links useful:

Beam Effect with Tracker

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Mariia Dakir
on Feb 28, 2013 at 6:06:34 pm

John, many thanks for provided project file and excellent explanation! It is really helpful for me and at the same time I have learned some techniques from this project.
Hope other people will enjoy this tutorial too.
Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:08:29 pm

As you can see by Vishesh example in AE, there are a lot of different ways to approach any problem. I'm glad we were able to help you out, if you have any more questions, I'm always happy to help out if I can.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Mariia Dakir
on Mar 1, 2013 at 3:48:54 pm

Yes, thanks to Vishesh I also have learned Beam Effect and sure I'll use it!

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Mar 1, 2013 at 4:31:47 pm

Glad we could help Mariia.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]