FORUMS: list search recent posts

showing a plan over time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Moorhouse
showing a plan over time
on Nov 1, 2012 at 11:21:14 pm

Hi, I'm completely new to After Effects. So new I don't have it but am about to book myself on a course and get the software.
I want to get skilled up so that i can create very basic 2D animated videos which demonstrate a construction plan take place over time. Basically moving still images over a background.

3 questions.
1. Is After effects the right tool for the task
2. Can anyone point me to example videos that are similar to what I am trying to achieve
3. Can anyone recommend some good trainers/courses in London for beginners.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: showing a plan over time
on Nov 2, 2012 at 12:18:44 am

1. Yes, AE is perfectly suited to the task.

2. I think tutorials that reveal strokes and lines are what you need. The blueprint reveal is a logo reveal but might give you some ideas: Blueprint reveal

Using Paths in After Effects

If you are starting, here are some good courses for beginners: Video Copilot Basic Training series

After Effects basics tutorials by Andrew Devis

Lynda.com and ae.tutsplus.com are also great places to learn. Lynda is really good cause you can find your level and it's very step by step. , aetutsplus has all kinds tuts, but they are generally more advanced and you need to have a good understanding fundamentals.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: showing a plan over time
on Feb 21, 2013 at 10:01:29 pm

Glad I was able to help

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]