FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reload workspace

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Burton
Reload workspace
on Jul 4, 2012 at 9:19:40 am

Not a biggie but is it possible to load my workspace from CS5.5 into CS6 (ie is it stored somewhere) ?

Regards Roger

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Reload workspace
on Jul 4, 2012 at 12:20:53 pm

From Adobe's site(good question though, cause I didn't know I could move the workspace files):

Workspaces are stored in XML files in the preferences folder. With some caveats regarding monitor size and layout, these workspaces can be moved to another computer and used there.

(Windows) [drive]:Users[user_name]AppDataRoamingAdobeAfter Effects10.5ModifiedWorkspaces

(Mac OS) [drive]/Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/10.5/ModifiedWorkspaces

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Jul 4, 2012 at 12:37:02 pm

Thanks John - excellent, bit of a panic though, Apple have hidden the 'Library' in 'users' in 'Lion' - found it now and copied to to CS6 ... thanks again. Roger

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 8, 2012 at 3:56:44 pm

No problem, glad it worked out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]