FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe After Effects CS4: 3 effects in one layer visible on a footage?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugen Fuchs
Adobe After Effects CS4: 3 effects in one layer visible on a footage?
on Jul 3, 2012 at 4:22:35 pm

Hello! Can it be possible in Adobe After Effects to add 3 effects to one layer with a footage, so that the effects are visible while the editing and the footage also. I use Trapcode Particular in CS4 for a write on effect and also optical flares, which is linked to the emitter position of Trapcode Particular, unfortunately it is seemingly not possible to make, as already mentioned, the effects and simultaneously the footage while the editing visible. Often it is so that the effects appear on a black screen and not as wanted on the footage of the layer. Is there any possibility or wasn't this considered by the development of Adoby After Effects. Many Greeting . . .

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Adobe After Effects CS4: 3 effects in one layer visible on a footage?
on Jul 3, 2012 at 5:37:33 pm

In Optical Flares, the "Render Mode" pulldown gives you the option render over "On Black", "On Transparent" or the "Over Original", changing it to "Over Original" will render the lens flare on your video footage.

For Particular, this is accomplished by twirling down the "Rendering" and changing the "Transfer Mode" from "None" to "Normal"

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Eugen Fuchs
on Jul 5, 2012 at 6:35:14 am

Yes, now it works very good, thank you!!! Unfortunately the frames are calculated after 20 seconds very slow, until now i use still my old graphics card with 128mb ram, would it have an influence onto the frame rate if i buy a better one and must i consider anything or do i need only a faster CPU and more ram for my mainboard? Many Greetings

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 6, 2012 at 4:20:22 pm

[Eugen Fuchs] "Hello! Can it be possible in Adobe After Effects to add 3 effects to one layer with a footage, so that the effects are visible while the editing and the footage also."

You can also put them on separate layers above the footage -- no need to keep them all on the same layer.

[Eugen Fuchs] "Unfortunately the frames are calculated after 20 seconds very slow, until now i use still my old graphics card with 128mb ram, would it have an influence onto the frame rate if i buy a better one and must i consider anything or do i need only a faster CPU and more ram for my mainboard? "

What are your system specs?

AE CS4 does not use the graphics card to render -- it uses the CPU exclusively.

Optical Flares has the option of rendering on the GPU, but I think a GPU with only 128MB of RAM would be pretty old and slow.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Eugen Fuchs
on Jul 7, 2012 at 9:19:56 am

IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® D Processor 820 (Dualcore, 2800GHZ Clock Speed)
2048MB Memory
Asus X1600 Graphics Card (256MB and not 128MB - sorry)

To render animations over night the hardware can be sufficient, but if a motion path for Trapcode Particular is longer than 60 seconds the rendering of the frames becomes more and more slow. I use already dual core support for the rendering.

Many Greetings

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 7, 2012 at 12:47:21 pm

[Eugen Fuchs] "To render animations over night the hardware can be sufficient, but if a motion path for Trapcode Particular is longer than 60 seconds the rendering of the frames becomes more and more slow. I use already dual core support for the rendering."

I would disable multiprocessing. 2 GB is not a lot of memory for two renderers plus the operating system.

As the render progresses and the memory requirements for the comp go up, your computer has to start swapping RAM -- that is, writing parts of inactive memory out to the system disk to free up space; then it has to swap another part of RAM out to swap the first part back in.

I'd bet your render will go faster with multiprocessing off.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Eugen Fuchs
on Jul 10, 2012 at 6:41:40 am

Probably i have used any wrong settings for the animation that have reduced the speed, now it renders much faster. Many Greetings

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]