FORUMS: list search recent posts

Goto: Effect->Video Copilot->Optical Flares

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gib O'Connor
Goto: Effect->Video Copilot->Optical Flares
on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:06:56 pm

Hey guys :)I'm back with another question and hope you can help me out here (?)
I'm following a tut called "Illuminate a lovely logo" But on instruction Nr 19 i need to go to Effects menu and click on "VIDEO COPILOT -> OPTICAL FLARES" But i can't find " VIDEO COPILOT " in AE-CS6 (AE-CS6 is the one i use)I think i don't have that ??? Or did they re-name it in AE-CS6 ??? Then the OPTICAL FLARES...i don't know if i have that too ???
Please help me out here ?
Many thanks in advance for your answers/Help.

Gib :)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Goto: Effect->Video Copilot->Optical Flares
on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:46:15 pm

It's a third party plugin from Video CoPilot. Very popular lens flare package. Unfortunately it isn't available in a trial version, perhaps you can create your own lens flare or use the lens flares found under the Effect -> Generate -> Lens Flare.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Gib O'Connor
on Jun 21, 2012 at 8:20:55 pm

Thanks for your answer john :) would LENS FLARES give me about the same effect as OPTICAL FLARES ?
I think these so much needed plugins should come standard with After Effects, i mean, u pay lotsa money for AE and still u have to buy these plugins. Bit hard for ppl with low budget lol. Anyways, thanks for your answer John.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jun 22, 2012 at 12:25:17 am

Glad you will be able to finish your project. Obviously you have discovered that the AE default lens flares aren't that great, just too basic. Optical Flares are pretty good though, when you finish with your logo project Andrew Kramer of Video Copilot did a great set of tutorials on using them. You should definitely check them out.

Optical Flare Tutorial

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Gib O'Connor
on Jun 21, 2012 at 10:12:17 pm

0_opticalflare.png

Okay, got optical flares now... didn't trust the paypal thingy but i gave it a try and had it in a few sec's. installed it and works :)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 9, 2012 at 1:25:53 pm

You will enjoy them, Optical Flares are pretty cool.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]