FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making an asset a particle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Etchie
Making an asset a particle
on Jun 7, 2012 at 3:59:53 am

I have a dollar bil that I animated flowing around as if it were blowing in the wind, but not going anywhere. I now want to multiply it and have it rain down on the screen. Thought maybe there was a way with one of the particle emitters to make the dollar the particle but I don't see anywhere that that's possible when I look at all the parameters of each one. Am I missing something here? This seems like something I should be able to easily do.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Making an asset a particle
on Jun 7, 2012 at 11:59:44 am

There is more functionality if you have access to Trapcode Particular when it comes to custom particles, but you can use CC Particle World.

Take your finished dollar bill animation and put it into a precomp, drop that into your main composition and turn off it's opacity. Create a solid, and add CC Particle World and twirl down "Particle". Change Particle Type to "Textured QuadPolygon" Now your texture layer is availe and change that to your money precomp. Now just adjust the rest of the Particle World settings and Make It Rain!

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Stephen Etchie
on Jun 7, 2012 at 5:28:56 pm

I just tried it and it's PERFECT! Thank you! I haven't messed with the controls yet but I can't wait to start messing with the settings!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 25, 2012 at 4:09:12 pm

No problem, just glad I could help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]