FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fast image sequence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alberto Bedin
Fast image sequence
on Mar 31, 2012 at 9:07:54 am

Hi all,

I searched for it in Google but I didn't find anything...

I would like to create a fast sequence of still images (photos), every image should last on the screen a bit of frames.

As an example think about the intro of The Big Bang Theory sit com but without the zoom effect.

The images should linearly increase their speed (last a minor number of frames) while moving to the end of the sequence.

The sequence should have a lot of images (maybe more the 100) so I can't think about manually add them.

How can I achieve this result? Maybe using an expression? Some other trick?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Fast image sequence
on Mar 31, 2012 at 4:22:18 pm

[Alberto Bedin] "How can I achieve this result? Maybe using an expression? Some other trick?"

If you wanted all these images to be the same duration, it would be easy. But you don't.

There's no trick to gradually shortening the duration of a sequence of images, which is what you want to do. You trim out points, put them one after another, preview, and keep adjusting until you're happy with it.

There are no magic wands for this one, just good old-fashioned hard work.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alberto Bedin
on Mar 31, 2012 at 7:30:01 pm

Ok thank you, I will do it frame by frame. :-P

However maybe I could start from all images of the same duration (let's say 2-3 frames each one).

How can I import a lot of images (100?) and place them in a composition in which each image lasts 2-3 frames?

Maybe can I set a default length for still images and then mass move them into a new comp?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Apr 1, 2012 at 4:46:33 pm

Set the preferences to import still images to your liking. Then add all pictures in a comp. Select all -> right click -> keyframe assistant -> sequence layers.

Return to posts index

Alberto Bedin
on Apr 1, 2012 at 10:01:17 pm

I have used another solution that worked very well:

1) import the images as a sequence footage. Now every image lasts 1 frame.

2) Use time stretching and/or time remapping to increase the duration of some images.

You can eventually insert your sequence more than once in a composition, changing the time stretching. As stretching value, use multiple of 100%. So if you set 300%, every image will last 3 frames.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]