FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having trouble with keeping vectors sharp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank Raposo
Having trouble with keeping vectors sharp
on Dec 20, 2011 at 3:30:17 am

I'm bringing in my Illustrator (CS5.1) artwork into AE (CS 5.5) and turning it into a 2.5D layer. When I fly my camera in, I lose the sharp corners; it looks like they are getting blurry. If I hit Collapse Transformation, I lose my 2.5D. The only way I can get my layers to be sharp is to turn the quality down to Draft??? This is the opposite of what I expect. I had the same thing happen yesterday when I brought in 2K keyed footage and placed it into a 1920x1080 comp. What am I forgetting? Thanks for any help.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Having trouble with keeping vectors sharp
on Dec 20, 2011 at 2:09:56 pm

By chance do you have your vector file nested in a precomp? If so, you need to turn on the 3d switch in the precomp and in the file comp turn on collapse transformations.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

frank Raposo
on Dec 20, 2011 at 6:55:45 pm

I do have the file nested in a pre-comp. I went into the precomp and turned on the 3D switch which allowed me to not have to turn 3D on in my main comp but I still have to turn the quality switch to draft in the precomp to get sharp edges in my main comp. Could this be an illustrator issue? The Illustrator file is just a simple 1920x1080 with vectors. Or at least I think they are vectors. I'm not much of an Illustrator user.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 20, 2011 at 7:30:46 pm

If you collect, save and upload the files(just the stuff that's essential), I'll open the project up and take a quick look and see if I can figure out the issue.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

frank Raposo
on Dec 21, 2011 at 1:50:31 am

Ok, I figured it out. I wasn't turning on the 3D switch and Continuously Rasterize inside both of my main comp and my pre-comp along with turning off DOF. Thanks for the help.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

Alison McCaw
on Dec 20, 2011 at 3:13:16 pm

Sounds like it's just depth of field making your vector artwork blurry - do you have DOF enabled on your camera?

Return to posts index

frank Raposo
on Dec 20, 2011 at 6:56:23 pm

No, I turned the DOF off.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]