FORUMS: list search recent posts

Could someone please tell me how to fix AE please! If you know anything about ASLfoundation.dll I will supply you with anything for a great while.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcel Rod
Could someone please tell me how to fix AE please! If you know anything about ASLfoundation.dll I will supply you with anything for a great while.
on Oct 3, 2011 at 1:41:41 pm

Please help (i cant write the other word) me. After Effects starts and then says some long error 4 times. AE starts, but it takes 5 minutes to start it.
If you can rhelp me, I will be very grateful.

- M

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
Re: Could someone please tell me how to fix AE please! If you know anything about ASLfoundation.dll I will supply you with anything for a great while.
on Oct 3, 2011 at 3:07:44 pm

Sounds to me like you should reinstall the program.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
Re: Could someone please tell me how to fix AE please! If you know anything about ASLfoundation.dll I will supply you with anything for a great while.
on Oct 3, 2011 at 6:57:37 pm

What version of AE are you using? I suggest trashing the preferences to see if you can avoid a re-install.

To Create new AE Prefs in MAC/OS

1. Quit After Effects.
2. Drag the Adobe After Effects 9.0 Preferences file from the Users/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/9.0 folder to the Trash.
3. Restart After Effects.

Create new AE Prefs in Windows Vista

1. Quit After Effects.
2. Rename the Adobe After Effects 9.0 Prefs.txt (ex Adobe After Effects 9.0 Prefs.old) in the C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\9.0 folder.
3. Start After Effects. After Effects creates a new preferences file.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Marcel Rod
on Oct 6, 2011 at 1:22:56 pm

Thank you so much Sean. But I use AE CS4. Could you help me with that?

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
on Oct 6, 2011 at 3:09:10 pm

Try restarting After Effects while holding down the Command + Option + Shift keys (Mac) or Control + Alt + Shift (PC). This should give you an option to delete the preferences.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Marcel Rod
on Oct 8, 2011 at 9:03:50 pm

Thanks again Sean, you are awesome! The people in life that know more, and teach it to others, are the hero's in life. But before I delete the preferences file, what does it do exactly. It would be great if you would answer me somewhat detailed :)

-M

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
on Oct 9, 2011 at 12:29:35 am

Thank you for the kind words! Basically it resets everything to the default installation settings.

Here is a link to the official and very detailed list of AE preferences from Adobe.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Marcel Rod
on Oct 9, 2011 at 5:11:54 pm

I have some free plugins as well. It took some time to gather them. This will not delete them will it?
Thanks again,

-M

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
on Oct 10, 2011 at 1:07:25 am

This will not delete your plugins. This only resets the AE preferences to their default states.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Marcel Rod
on Oct 10, 2011 at 1:53:10 pm

Sorry, it didn't help. But the error says something about a UMCDecoder or something like that. Could you mail me your ASLfoundation.dll plus the UMCdecoder? I would appreciate that a lot. Thanks for your help Sean! If you decide to send something remember that I have CS4, and that my e-mail is TheMysteriousMrM@hotmail.com.

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
on Oct 10, 2011 at 2:55:45 pm

Unfortunately, I'm not running CS4. I have CS 5.5, so I do not have the files that you need. Perhaps you should backup your plugins and re-install?

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Marcel Rod
on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:14:31 pm

Ok. I will try. Thank you for all your support though. FYI: The main reasons for me re-installing is inability to import .MTS files, which is the filetype my camera produces, and the errors and long waiting time when i start After Effects.

But do plugins only create files in the C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe After Effects CS4Support FilesPlug-ins
+
C:Program Files?
+
C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe After Effects CS4Support FilesScripts?

Thanks for your attention:

-M

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:21:33 pm

Adobe claims that CS4 natively supports MTS (AVCHD) files, just not all flavors.

One possible workaround is to batch convert your MTS files.

It really does sound like you need a clean install of the app.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Marcel Rod
on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:00:19 pm

Wow awesome info. Some info for you: In case you didn't know, if you uninstall AE all the plugin, scripts and preset files stay. Hope this info will be useful in the future, and hope I have a problem so i can speak to you soon!

-M

Return to posts index

Marcel Rod
on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:58:21 pm

After Effects is working perfectly now. I can import my .MTS files as well. Thanks for your support!

-M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]