FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE CS5 Project Compatibility?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabi Bucataru
AE CS5 Project Compatibility?
on Sep 7, 2011 at 4:00:58 pm

Hi Folks!

Working on a collab project between CS5 (Mac 64 bit) and a CS4 user (Windows 32 bit). Up to now looks like what is being created on a CS5 version cannot be opened in CS4.

is there a workaround?

Thanks!
Gabi

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE CS5 Project Compatibility?
on Sep 7, 2011 at 4:18:58 pm

At the moment, no. As I recall, Loyd Alvarez from aescripts.com was trying to create an AE 10 to AE 9 project importer, but that was months ago; I don't think he's had any luck yet: it's 32-bit vs. 64 bit, y'know.

My best advice would be to divvy up the project. Do the things that can be done in AE 9 there, and import the AE 9 project into AE 10. Right now, the only way to go backwards would be to render in AE 10, then import into AE 9.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gabi Bucataru
on Sep 7, 2011 at 4:25:36 pm

Dave -

thanks for the answer - Yes that seems like a reasonable solution. The thing is that both collab parties needs to do their own rotoscoping, and compositing.

We might need to rething the workflow so it "flows" from AE9 to AE10 as you mentioned.

thanks!
Gabi

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 7, 2011 at 7:08:18 pm

[Gabi Bucataru] "both collab parties needs to do their own rotoscoping, and compositing."

If that's the case, why not render the comps out as necessary?

Two people can then rotoscope and composite at once. When the work is finished, you could then import the AE 9 project into the AE 10 project. Conversely, you could import the rendered AE 10 files into AE 9.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]