FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Audio in AE Question - Where the Heck is the Audio Coming From?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Jones
Editing Audio in AE Question - Where the Heck is the Audio Coming From?
on Sep 6, 2011 at 7:42:21 pm

Hey Guys,

I don't normally edit audio in AE, but I was handed a project that has DVCPRO HD Quicktimes (from the Panny HVX) already laid into a comp with some graphics.

Here's my issue. When I export a clip, the audio from the video clips (talking heads) is there. However, when I look in the comp, I can't figure out where it is! All the clips have their audio box unchecked. When I press LL on the clips to see the waveforms, there are none. What gives, and where the hell is the audio coming from?

The problem is, I need to make an audio edit. I tried cutting one of the clips and changing its position, but the audio did not follow, and that clip became out of sync. I can't figure this out, and I'm ripping out my hair over it. I can easily make my audio edit in FCP, but I don't want whoever created the AE project to think I don't know what I'm doing (although I personally think they don't know what they're doing by thinking it's okay to edit audio in AE).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

- Matt

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Editing Audio in AE Question - Where the Heck is the Audio Coming From?
on Sep 6, 2011 at 8:04:36 pm

An HVX 200 can have 4 channels of audio, but AE will only see two of them. Are these mxf or qt files? Which channels contain the audio?

Can you hear the audio in a media player? If so, can you export something in a lossless codec to see what happens in AE?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]