FORUMS: list search recent posts

paint on pdf

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Tyler
paint on pdf
on Aug 6, 2011 at 9:22:08 am

Is it possible to paint on a pdf in After Effects. I'm guessing not since I can't seem to make it work. Anybody know of a workaround.

I want to be able to paint on the pdf document and I'm loathe to convert it to another format since I'll lose the high quality of the vector graphic when zoomed way in.

Thanks.

-Steve

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: paint on pdf
on Aug 6, 2011 at 1:52:43 pm

Not sure I understand the question ... in other words, what does the file format have to with your ability to paint on any layer?

Return to posts index

Steven Tyler
on Aug 6, 2011 at 3:14:11 pm

Hey David - thanks for responding. It seems like I'm unable to paint on a pdf layer. When I load it into the layer panel, the brush tool doesn't work.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 6, 2011 at 8:20:16 pm

Turn off continuous rasterization when you're painting. You can't paint on a vector graphics layer. You can turn continuous rasterization for the layer when you're done painting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Steven Tyler
on Aug 6, 2011 at 11:40:44 pm

of course!
thanks - so much

-Steve

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Aug 7, 2011 at 4:31:30 pm

Oops, sorry ... didn't think of it that way since I tend to leave rasterization off until render time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]