FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects CS3 with Premiere Pro CS5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paddy Uglow
After Effects CS3 with Premiere Pro CS5.5
on Jul 29, 2011 at 1:49:22 pm

I've got the Adobe production premium CS3 installed (photoshop, after effects, premiere pro etc), but am looking into getting the standalone Premiere Pro CS5.5.
What's my best way of working with AFX 3 and ppro 5.5 together? I tried the "dynamic link" thing and it wouldn't work.
I'm something of a newbie on using AFX and Ppro together.
Thanks all
- Paddy

Return to posts index

Greg Burrus
Re: After Effects CS3 with Premiere Pro CS5.5
on Jul 29, 2011 at 3:57:19 pm

To my understanding you can only use dynamic link when you install the production premium suite for the version you are working on. Not sure if this applies to 5 and 5.5 but having a standalone won't allow the dynamic link to work. Not sure if there would be a work around for this either since it is a core component. You maybe be able to import the project but it wont be "dynamic".

Just my thoughts thoughts

Greg

http://mogra.g2bproductions.com/ - Blog
http://g2bproductions.com/ - Portfolio

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 29, 2011 at 8:52:43 pm

Dynamic Link only works between applications with the same version number (e.g., CS5.5 with CS5.5), and only when installed as part of a suite.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Paddy Uglow
on Aug 1, 2011 at 9:35:03 am

So, if I've got something in P-pro CS5.5 that I want to add some effects to, I export that clip as Pro-res or AIC, open it in AFX, do my stuff, export it to a movie of the same codec/size, then import that onto my p-pro timeline?
Or is there a better way of doing it? I haven't yet got the hang of the premiere-AFX workflow really.
Thanks for your time

- Paddy

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:29:47 pm

> So, if I've got something in P-pro CS5.5 that I want to add some effects to, I export that clip as Pro-res or AIC, open it in AFX, do my stuff, export it to a movie of the same codec/size, then import that onto my p-pro timeline?

Yes, but don't use either of the codecs that you just mentioned. They are both lossy codecs. Use a lossless codec for intermediate files. People often use the Animation or PNG codec in a QuickTime container for that purpose.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]