FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Clanton
After Effects
on Jul 20, 2011 at 1:42:28 am

Hi,

I am brand new to this forum. I will be upgrading my computer soon. My question is this: how much does a raid setup boost after effects performance/what hard drive recommendations do you have for running ae?. I am planning on getting an iMac i7 with 16gb owc ram and deliberating back and forth between the thunderbolt drives.

I am working with 1080 compositions on a 2.66 core 2 duo unibody macbook with 4gb ram (likely my problem) and a 7200 rpm hd. I am newer to ae, but my current computer is still a hindrance to my workflow. I hope I am not the noob leaving out information. If so... Please extend grace! Ps I am posting from my iPhone and having trouble making good corrections to the post too.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: After Effects
on Jul 20, 2011 at 3:30:58 pm

A RAID setup helps if you've got multiple instances of HD video in your comp all at once. If you're mostly doing motion graphics and particle effects, it won't matter much.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 20, 2011 at 7:01:10 pm

[Chris Clanton] "I am working with 1080 compositions on a 2.66 core 2 duo unibody macbook with 4gb ram (likely my problem) "

You're darn tootin' that's a problem. In addition to Michael's advice, here's mine: shove as much memory into that iMac as it will hold. AE likes RAM very, very much.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Clanton
on Jul 26, 2011 at 10:07:03 pm

Thank you to everyone for the replies! Definitely helped bring clarity.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]