FORUMS: list search recent posts

White Appears Gray in .mov and .wmv export

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Bailey
White Appears Gray in .mov and .wmv export
on Jun 9, 2011 at 5:24:08 pm

Hi all, first time posting. Recording my screen with camtasia and trying to edit in After Effects. Every time I export from After Effects to anything other than uncompressed .avi my whites turn gray. They look fine in the preview window. Don't remember ever having this problem with video before. Does this have something to do with the camerec codec used for initial capture? Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: White Appears Gray in .mov and .wmv export
on Jun 9, 2011 at 5:37:12 pm

You need to know that AE is probably the WORST application to use for video editing. Why don't you use a dedicated video editor like Avid, Premiere, FCP, Vegas or some other NLE?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jason Bailey
on Jun 9, 2011 at 6:10:20 pm

Thanks Dave,

Good call, Premiere works without issue. Sometimes use AE for super short video project as it seems to do well with accepting and exporting a variety of media files. Not so much this time around. Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 9, 2011 at 9:15:11 pm

Not knowing the codec used in the screen capture software, I can only guess that it was the culprit.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kieron Stopforth
on Jun 23, 2011 at 11:52:27 am

Hi, I'm having a similar problem in Microsoft Expression Encoder. All encoded WMV's come out with a gray background (when my original is white). Does anyone know a fix for this? I don't have access to Premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]