FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding time to beginning of composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Burud
Adding time to beginning of composition
on Apr 28, 2011 at 5:54:29 pm

I have a composition with many nested compositions. I need to adjust the timing of that composition and all the animation within. Dragging the entire containing composition works fine except for the fact that I can't add time to the beginning. Is there a way I can shift a composition along with all animation within without having to manually go in and adjust keyframes individually?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Adding time to beginning of composition
on Apr 29, 2011 at 2:57:33 am

Your description of the problem is unclear.

Do you need to adjust keyframes, or move groups of layers?

Is your footage a collection of stills, or moving pictures?

Please clarify.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe Burud
on Apr 29, 2011 at 1:41:38 pm

Thanks for responding to my post. I have a composition with nested animation that I have to move further down the timeline to sync with a voice over. I'd prefer to move the comp as a whole rather than going into the comp and manually moving layers and keyframes around. When I do this however, my comp ceases to exist at the beginning. I basically need to add time to the beginning of the comp. I can add time to the end by extending the layer or pressing opt + }. It won't allow me to do this to the beginning however. Is there another way?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 29, 2011 at 3:14:56 pm

You've got the audio layer in the main comp, right? So just move the nested comp until it syncs up again. With the nested comp layer still highlighted, hit the o key (for Out) to go to the out point of the nested comp. Note the time. Change your main comp's duration in the comp settings to that time PLUS ONE FRAME.

Done.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]