FORUMS: list search recent posts

CTI jumps frames during RAM Preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame
CTI jumps frames during RAM Preview
on Apr 20, 2011 at 10:55:33 pm

I find myself having to build a graphic opener with music for the first time in AE. Needing to time elements to the music, I've discovered something that probably has been happening since I've owned AE, but I've never paid attention to til now. When previewing, my CTI moves forward by jumping several frames at a time, instead of playing smoothly. This makes timing to the music beat all but impossible, at least for me. Is this a normal thing for AE?

I might add that I'm not speaking of actual playback jumping. Playback in the monitor is smooth at Full resolution. It's just that the CTI itself is jumping.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: CTI jumps frames during RAM Preview
on May 3, 2011 at 1:52:12 am

It sounds like you have your RAM Previews set to skip frames ... check the various RAM Review options in the playback panel. If it's set to skip only one or two frames, the playback will still seem smooth since it's pretty hard to visually notice 1-2 skipped frames.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on May 3, 2011 at 1:40:15 pm

Nope, RAM Preview is not set to skip frames. It's actually skipping around 10 frames at a time. Here's a link to a screen capture..

Skipping frames

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
on May 3, 2011 at 2:18:24 pm

Hmmm...very weird. I've never seen that happen before so I've no idea what could cause it ... sorry.

Obviously you want to get that resolved so perhaps submit a bug report to Adobe and post on the Adobe forum as well.

In the meantime, it may not have to affect your ability to time to the beat of music since you should still be able to generate layer markers based on what you're hearing during RAM preview by hitting the * key on each beat.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]