FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframe animation using PNG images jerky in AE - really stuck!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Rodicq
Keyframe animation using PNG images jerky in AE - really stuck!
on Mar 22, 2011 at 3:16:20 pm

Hi all. I'm a novice at AE, but somehow (!) have been charged with the task of doing some simple motion graphics titles and credits for a web video. I'm using AE7.
My animations are coming out all jerky and blurry - here's an example i put on youtube

This is what I am doing..

-I make a new comp 25fps, place my jpeg still background on timeline
-Drag red-bar.png into comp and onto timeline
-Bring up 'position' so i can do keyframe animation(P)
-At start of timeline, I put red-bar.png to desired starting position. Then create a keyframe
-Move time indicator to 2 seconds, then position red-bar.png to desired end position. Create keyframe.

Playback looks jerky and kind of blurry - why? When i use the text animation presets on the same comp they look beautifully smooth. What can i do to fix this? I am really stuck and expected to create a nice smooth animation for this client. The person who is editing the video is doing it at 25fps, so i guess i have to do the animations at the same frame rate to match? They also want TGA sequences to use over the footage - could this affect things too?
Any help so gratefully received. i'm going nuts.. ;)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Keyframe animation using PNG images jerky in AE - really stuck!
on Mar 22, 2011 at 3:49:55 pm

That's a simple design. Why don't you use a solid in AE for the red bar, and just a tiny-little still for that asterisk-looking thing?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mel Rodicq
on Mar 22, 2011 at 4:52:33 pm

Would that help smooth out the motion? (though also there are other animation sections i'm working on that are a bit more complex, i just used this as a simple example to demonstrate the issue)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 22, 2011 at 6:36:27 pm

I have a lousy internet connection at work, so EVERYTHING looks stuttery.

But it may also be that you just chose the wrong speed for horizontal motion. 25 isn't the fastest frame rate in the world, and if you're rendering complete frames and not fields, the motion may very well get stuttery... in which case, using Motion Blur can help.

A faster frame rate would help smooth out the motion, but if your only alternative is 25, you could be stuck with it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]