FORUMS: list search recent posts

Link object to CC Cylinder rotating object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Rae
Link object to CC Cylinder rotating object
on Feb 22, 2011 at 11:44:59 pm

Hi,
I have a film strip illustrator file that I've got rotating with CC Cylinder.
What I would like to do is put movie clips in the picture holes of the film strip so that they would rotate and scale along with the strip.
Any ideas on how I could achieve this?

Return to posts index

Jason Mettler
Re: Link object to CC Cylinder rotating object
on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:51:54 am

This may take you back a few steps but it's worth it for ideas:

http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/motion-graphics/splice-together-a-quick-fi...

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 23, 2011 at 3:57:01 pm

the tutorial is really good for what you doing (and i suggest looking at it), but if you wanted to take what you have and add pictures/video to the frames, then you need to do that 'prior' to cc cylinder.

when i say 'prior' i just mean that all the images and the film strip need to be a single layer that cc cylinder gets applied to (not to start over).

to get started on that, just select the film strip layer that has cc cylinder on it and choose layer>pre-compose and choose to 'leave all attributes' and to 'open the pre-comp.'

this should now give you a new comp with just the film strip in it. if you go back to the original comp, you should have exactly what you had before.

now, back in the film strip pre-comp, any thing you do or add to that comp will be reflected in the original comp. so if you add images to the film strip, they will appear in the original comp and get effected by the cc cylinder effect just as the film strip alone did...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

David Rae
on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:38:27 pm

Thanks! that tutorial was handy and I had no idea about the Pre-comp thing. I also tried putting the video into a photoshop file along with the filmstrip and that gave the same effect

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]