FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe and Graphics Cards

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Robinsan
Adobe and Graphics Cards
on Jan 5, 2011 at 5:11:57 am

This is really a general question but all adobe products, AE, PremierePro, Photoshop CS4.

I am looking at getting new graphics cards and I am not certain which ones work best with those programs. I checked adobe's site and they do not list all the cards as having full support, so I am not certain.

So out of the two here, what does Adobe generally favor overall in your opinions?

1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

2GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon HD 5970

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Adobe and Graphics Cards
on Jan 5, 2011 at 2:33:47 pm

This page lists the cards that will work with Premiere for the Mercury Playback Engine.
Any of those cards will be fine for AE and Photoshop too. The graphics card really doesn't matter for AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 5, 2011 at 2:34:09 pm

Whoop, forgot to link the page: http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/performance/

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 5, 2011 at 4:15:45 pm

That list of cards Michael links to are GREAT for CS5... but you still run CS4. Your software isn't optimized for them. You'd have to think long & hard about investing in one of those cards.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 5, 2011 at 6:02:56 pm

Sorry, I saw the "all Adobe products" part and somehow missed that he was asking about CS4. Although, if you might upgrade at some point in the future to CS5, it would be nice to have the equipment ready to go.
At work, we upgraded to CS5, but our video cards aren't up to snuff for the Mercury Playback Engine, so while CS5 does work better, we don't get the full benefit of it.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Jan 5, 2011 at 11:16:28 pm

Just something to consider in addition to the good advice Dave and Micheal offered ... most of the many editors I know always go with NVIDIA cards over ATI these days.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]