FORUMS: list search recent posts

simple question: easiest way to sellect anchor/pivot/the bezier path points in a shape layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Diepenhorst
simple question: easiest way to sellect anchor/pivot/the bezier path points in a shape layer
on Nov 29, 2010 at 12:06:47 pm

Hello,
I am doing something wrong with my current project and forgot the easiest way to select and edit anchor points in a shape layer.
Usually I use the V arrow tool and double click like crazy to try and get into the option to select individual anchor points to drag them around to another location. Is there a button that allows me to see and easily select those points? This object is a square shape, not a mask or anything. And I mean the edge points I set with my pentool and not the anchor point in the centre, I also find it very confusing because some people call it pivot and other anchor and again others bezier.

I tried google but all I can find it, select it and drag or something alike, that isn't the hard part and not what I mean. What I want to know if whether or not there is a simple way to select one bezier point rather than when using V tool have it select the entire shape as if you want to move or scale it or when you use pentool and even though you click on the exact point the bezier is made you create an entirely new shape. Is there a button you can hold to make sure you do not end up with the options above but select it instantly, because I am clicking like mad and it doesn't allow me to select it and frankly it is getting on my nerves as it is not even stated on the adobe help page covering bezier points and moving them just a simple select and drag while I cannot even simply select them with one click.

Please help me out on this one, because I am using shapes to animate to create objects which I then animate and it is annoying that I can't continue my work because of something like this.

Return to posts index

Esther Diepenhorst
Re: simple question: easiest way to sellect anchor/pivot/the bezier path points in a shape layer
on Nov 29, 2010 at 1:57:54 pm

I tried looking into the path editing mode, but it says that on mac you use command+T for this. Problem is that by pressing that AEF thinks I want to make text and so it doesn't enter that mode.

Doesn't anyone know how to do this??

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: simple question: easiest way to sellect anchor/pivot/the bezier path points in a shape layer
on Nov 29, 2010 at 4:15:07 pm

You can look at the transform properties for the shape layer, find the Anchor Point property, and scrub to put the Anchor Point any place you want in the layer.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Esther Diepenhorst
on Dec 6, 2010 at 11:08:20 am

That is not entirely what I meant, I'll add a screenshot with text of the points I mean.

screen-shot-2010-12-06-at-12.01.48.png

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]