FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render for Flash

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Beall
Render for Flash
on Nov 16, 2010 at 8:06:52 pm

I have an AI logo that I need to animate and render to flash. Will AE keep it vector, or will it rasterize and encode to flash video?

Also: I have another logo I created as shape files in AE.. When I render to flash, none of the shape files I created show up.. Is there a way to render shape files to vector flash?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Render for Flash
on Nov 17, 2010 at 4:03:42 am

I have an AI logo that I need to animate and render to flash. Will AE keep it vector, or will it rasterize and encode to flash video?

Also: I have another logo I created as shape files in AE.. When I render to flash, none of the shape files I created show up.. Is there a way to render shape files to vector flash?

First of all, you need to be clear about what you're outputting: SWF? FLV? F4V? XFL? All of these are "Flash" output types that can come out of After Effects.

See this page for a summary, comparison, and contrast of these formats.

Of these formats, only SWF is a vector format that plays in Flash Player. Vector graphics from Adobe Illustrator used in an After Effects composition can pass through as vector graphics in a SWF file rendered and exported from After Effects. Shape layers are not retained as vector graphics. If your shapes are disappearing entirely, it's because you have Ignore chosen for the choice of what to do with unsupported features. See this page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: nder for Flash
on Nov 17, 2010 at 4:43:45 am

Avoid motion blur
Avoid effects

Straight keycraming can make SWF
XFL is very cool too

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Matthew Beall
on Nov 22, 2010 at 9:55:18 pm

Is there anyway to use a stencil and keep it vector..?

I have a silouhette of a lady dancing in front of a bunch of riki-tikis, I can't figure how to stencil the riki-tikis with her silhouette and keep it vector...

-Matthew

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 23, 2010 at 1:49:00 am

> Is there anyway to use a stencil and keep it vector..?

Nothing that is exported in XFL, F4V, or FLV formats is retained as vectors.

Some things that are exported in SWF are exported as vectors. The page that I pointed you to before has details.

In general, if your goal is to create vector graphics output, don't use After Effects for this purpose.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]