FORUMS: list search recent posts

Effect Preview is not working in Real Time!!! What should i do?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yashira Jordan
Effect Preview is not working in Real Time!!! What should i do?
on Nov 8, 2010 at 8:13:22 pm

My mac: Imac Intel (white) 2gb memory

Hey there,I think I've some problems with AE CS4 and I would like to know if it is a RAM or a Memory issue: Previewing the Effects applied into a solid doesnt work in realtime. It turns very weird for me because im not handling a huge effect or a heavy project. Testing the computer it doesnt shows the preview of any effect at real time, for example if I use Page Turn into a new solid and I change into any amount while im doing this it doesnt preview it, only when I finish puting any amount it shows me the change made. I've defrag the computer, done a "clean my mac", repair disk in Disk Utility, tried changing the Open GL and tried changing some info on the Memory and Cache at AE for improving the performance but the problem remains the same.

Any tip?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Effect Preview is not working in Real Time!!! What should i do?
on Nov 8, 2010 at 9:11:58 pm

[Yashira Jordan] "Imac Intel (white) 2gb memory "

You need to put some more memory into that machine, and you need to do it ASAP. You're in serious need of it.

2 Gigs barely runs the OS and AE at the same time. In AE, turn off multiprocessing and leave it off. At work I use an 8-core Mac Pro with 8GB, and I don't use multiprocessing: not enough memory.

On my new machine at home, I will be able to use it -- it has 24GB, and I wish I could have afforded more.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Yashira Jordan
on Nov 8, 2010 at 9:46:00 pm

Thanks Dave very much, I agree with you about the memory but the strange thing is that about 4 months ago the real time preview of that effects used to work, is there any way to make a "Reset" to AE preferences or anything like that??

Thanks for the time I really appreciated :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 8, 2010 at 10:39:52 pm

It sounds as if about 4 months ago, you started working in HD, which has about 5 times as much data each frame as SD.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Yashira Jordan
on Nov 8, 2010 at 10:46:05 pm

Hey Dave good news, I reset AE deleting the Pref File from Preferences and the problem is gone!

Thanks, ;)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 9, 2010 at 8:03:05 pm

Next time before trashing your prefences, check to see if the live update button is pushed. On the timeline above your modes the second button is "live update" if that has been accidentally unclicked it you won't give live updates as you scrub through the timeline or parameters.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Yashira Jordan
on Nov 10, 2010 at 12:40:37 am

Cool, nice to know that. Thanks!

Return to posts index

joseph borg
on Dec 16, 2011 at 7:21:06 pm

Thank you Sir You made my day :)
Indeed the live button was active (after fiddling around yesterday.) and this started to irritate me. so thanks again!! :))

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]