FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where are the "Fill" and "Stroke" options?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SiuBilly Lam
Where are the "Fill" and "Stroke" options?
on Jul 4, 2014 at 4:19:03 am

Sorry I know this is such a stupid question.
I searched many times and could not find how to let "Fill" and "Stroke" be shown when I press Pen Tool.
I watched many tutorials and the options were shown when they pressed the Pen Tool.
May someone teach me please?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Where are the "Fill" and "Stroke" options?
on Jul 4, 2014 at 12:36:36 pm

The pen tool has a duel purpose, it can be the mask tool and there won't be a fill/stroke, or it can be used to create a shape layer and that will have a fill and stroke.

Create a new comp without any layers, select the pen tool and start making points, the fill and stroke will automatically appear next to your tools.

Now, create a new solid(cntl + y) and mask out a shape, you won't have a fill/stroke options. You can use effects to create a fill and stroke for that layer though. They are both located under Effect > Generate > Fill/Stroke.

Here's an example project illustrating the different techniques.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved