FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering Stops after 1 Frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ako Patel
Rendering Stops after 1 Frame
on Aug 26, 2010 at 5:36:54 pm

I looked around and I can't find a solution anywhere.

As soon as I start to render, AE CS5 stops after 1 frame, but the program works, like it's responding, but it's just not rendering =/.

Here's a screenshot:

http://i37.tinypic.com/dop82d.jpg

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rendering Stops after 1 Frame
on Aug 26, 2010 at 5:53:08 pm

Looks to me like you need to set your Work ARea to the length of the comp:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

AND...

Did you know about the following valuable resource for those just starting out in AE?
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ako Patel
on Aug 26, 2010 at 11:22:02 pm

Ok, I set my work area to the length of my composition, but the same thing keeps on happening.

Also, I've read at least 20 tutorials on the basics and tips for after effects and they all lead to the conclusion of simple things which I already did (like checking the audio box in the output module).

Then when I stop rendering, AE stops responding and these 2 messages keep on popping up.

The first message starts that the output module is not responding.

second message:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2l8ey3l.jpg

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 27, 2010 at 2:45:53 pm

I see you're running AE 10. Without knowing anything about your OS or your machine, I'll just have to take a guess, and here goes: If you have anything less than 8 GB RAM, you really can't take advantage of multiprocessing in AE, so just turn it off. Leave it off until you get more memory.

I consider 12 GB to be about the point where AE can sort of make multiprocessing work okay. You should know that AE is the Ultimate RAM Hog, and a complicated project will use all the memory you throw at it.

I also see you're using mp3 audio files and mp4 video files, and you're rendering to an mp4 with h.264 compression. If that's good enough for you, that's fine, but you wouldn't catch me doing that. I would have converted the mp4's to a lossless codec (I like Quicktime's Animation or PNG), and I would render to a lossless codec. Then I'd use a different application to convert my rendered file to mp4/h.264.

And I would never, EVER use mp3's: they just flat-out don't work in AE. I'm a Mac guy, so I'd convert them to aiff files... but right now, AE 10 has problems with aiff's so I'd make wav files.

Adobe says the fix for this aiff weirdness is in the works. Stay tuned.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Floid Moon
on Sep 11, 2012 at 1:09:42 pm

Using AE CS5 I'v tried to render AVI movie using xvid default rendering settings, but it stops at first frame.

I'v converted all mp4s and mp3s to more AE friedly formats (AVI, WAV), but it didn't helped.

Multiprocessing is off. Don't know what else u'd like to know.

PC:
motherboard: GA-990XA-UD3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 560
RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1333
Video: GeForce GTX 460, 1GB

Return to posts index

Floid Moon
on Sep 11, 2012 at 1:10:07 pm

Using AE CS5 I'v tried to render AVI movie using xvid default rendering settings, but it stops at first frame.

I'v converted all mp4s and mp3s to more AE friedly formats (AVI, WAV), but it didn't helped.

Multiprocessing is off. Don't know what else u'd like to know.

PC:
motherboard: GA-990XA-UD3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 560
RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1333
Video: GeForce GTX 460, 1GB

Return to posts index

Georgios Soumelidis
on Oct 30, 2012 at 1:40:15 pm

Check your effects mate.

Some of them are making AE go nuts. (for example Misfire:Dust ALWAYS does the same thing to me!)

Try to render your clip without any effect (un-check them all).
If it succeeds then you 'll know that there is a "guilty plugin".
So start adding one and render.. then the next one.. etc

May be you will get lucky and find another one that creates hard times to AE. If you will then please share.

p.s. Dave, do you use vodka for your brewing?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]