FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is this effect being used?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven McNeilage
What is this effect being used?
on Jul 16, 2014 at 3:06:09 pm

In the very begging of the above video. there is an effect being used that i have seen on several videos before. it appears to have 'grey lines' that float along the screen and make the video behind look almost static and jumpy.. its in the very begginng of this above video.. any suggestions what it is??

Thanks, Steven

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: What is this effect being used?
on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:14:23 pm

Those are scan lines, an artifact from old CRT televisions. Lots of ways to make them, but the easiest is using the grid effect. Create a solid, add Effect > Generate > Grid. Change "Size From" to "Width & Height Sliders". Change your width to a number larger than your comp and then move the Anchor Point. Then change the height to a really small number, like 4 and change the border to 2(adjust it to your taste. Then overlay using a blending mode and adjusting the opacity. You can make the grid move by animating the anchor point.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved