FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zoom in and mask shapes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul @ IMH Blog
Zoom in and mask shapes
on Aug 14, 2014 at 11:20:48 pm

What im trying to create is a hand gesture of someone pinch and zooming on a phone.

You can see how i have my layers setup in AE -

What i was hoping to do was use my null object to control the scale of the text line and red box on the phone screen to give appearance of a pinch and zoom effect but I want to mask it out once it hits the edge of the white screen

Ive been pulling my hair out for about 4 hours watching videos and none have helped me.

Thanks

Paul

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Zoom in and mask shapes
on Aug 15, 2014 at 12:48:38 pm

You need to precomp your text and red image. Then duplicate the white rounded rectangle(screen) and move it over your text layer/square precomp. Change your text layer precomp track matte to alpha matte. Then link the precomp to your controller null. Click the continuous rasterize button(little sunburst) so that when you scale your precomp, the layers will maintain full vector qualities.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Paul Manwaring
on Aug 15, 2014 at 4:36:26 pm

How would I copy the screen rectangle duplicate when its inside a shape layer, i duplicate it but can't move it out of the layer

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Aug 15, 2014 at 5:01:13 pm

You don't need to move the screen into the precomp, you just need it above the precomp to act as a mask. So duplicate your entire shape layer, name it "Screen matte", and move it above "Red Square and Text". Delete everything but the "Screen 2"(I think). Now set your "Red Square and Text" track matte(turned off in your picture, press "F4" to toggle to "Track Matte" modes)to alpha matte. Now you should be able to move, zoom into your text.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Paul Manwaring
on Aug 16, 2014 at 10:51:30 am

Thanks Johnny you have been so much help

I managed to create the clip but have one problem, the red rectangle should actually fly in from the edge of the video But its masked out until it reaches the edge of the phone screen, the idea was to have elements fly in from the edges.

Would i just have to create another layer for this red rectangle and then fade it out as it lands to be replaced by the static red rectangle already in the pre comp?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Aug 17, 2014 at 1:16:17 pm

My mistake, I thought it needed to be grouped with the text and would be moving completely in sync with the text. You can take the red rectangle out of the precomp and put it in your master comp. Make another duplicate of the white screen layer and place it above the rectangle, and use this as your matte(you may want to turn it off until after you finish setting up the red rectangle move). Create your position keyframes for the rectangle to slide in and land in position, then parent it to the controller null. Set the track matte for the layer, and you should be good to go.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]