FORUMS: list search recent posts

pre- Comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vitun Sharma
pre- Comp
on May 18, 2010 at 12:38:41 pm

hi friends can anyone plz tell me what is the exact meaning of Precomp and when it is used ... really quite confused in that ...

thanx

regards

vitun sharma

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: pre- Comp
on May 18, 2010 at 2:47:50 pm

Here's what AE's online Help has to say about precomposing, and it's difficult to an explanation that is any clearer:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/8.0/help.html?content=WS387852...

Never mind that it's for AE 8. Precomps haven't changed in years.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 18, 2010 at 2:50:59 pm

Does this help?

As someone just starting out in AE, I would suggest you go through all of the links on this page. It is aimed at someone just like you and it even links to these great tutorials

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 18, 2010 at 2:51:01 pm

(Regarding Dave's link to the CS3 document)

Actually, I think that the CS5 version of that section is better. I added a few links to some articles that explain precomposing.
"About precomposing and nesting"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 18, 2010 at 2:58:18 pm

[Todd Kopriva] "Actually, I think that the CS5 version of that section is better..."

I defer to your superior knowledge and experience.

Okay, you got that, Vitun? Listen to Todd.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 18, 2010 at 3:02:52 pm

> I defer to your superior knowledge and experience.

Dave, I'd be happy to claim one _tenth_ the real-world experience that you have.

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Ram Manohar
on May 18, 2010 at 2:54:55 pm

Hi Vitun..
Do you know Photoshop..,in that merging layers(Ctrl+E) is equal to Pre-Comp in AE.

Thant means.., we can combine selected layers with Pre-Compose option and make it as one single layer in active compostion.

We can open the Pre-Compose layer anytime to do any changes to individual layers of the PreCompose...

I think you get some Idea about it...

manohar scripts...

manohar

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 18, 2010 at 3:00:45 pm

Ram,

Precomposing in After Effects is not like merging layers in Photoshop. Merging layers in Photoshop is an irreversible action that prevents you from going into the component layers and making changes later.

Precomposing in After Effects is more like using smart objects in Photoshop.

Merging layers in Photoshop is more like prerendering in After Effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]