FORUMS: list search recent posts

bullet travel displacement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
bullet travel displacement
on Apr 12, 2010 at 6:36:38 pm

hi..
I did a tutorial where i created a bullet in cinema4d. Importet it to ae. I want to create a wawe or some sort of a displacement as the bullet travels in the air . Is there any tutorials or plug-ins which can do the job?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: bullet travel displacement
on Apr 12, 2010 at 9:01:18 pm

TONS. You might start here.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Apr 14, 2010 at 11:20:55 am

Hi Michael.

Thanks for post.

So I did AK bullet tutorial, and also I saw a couple of tutorials on displacement mapping to get to know the basics. And basicly I found out it uses a image/clip to distort another ( target layer ). It moves the pixelse around either vertically or horizontally.

But I ran my head nuts, cause when I get to the actually part where I distort the bullet trail as in AK tutorial, instead of displacing pixels around the trail, it moves my background vertically or horizontally?? I made a trail right behind the bullet and I want to displace that part only.

Can I make a copy of the bullet it self and make that displace to the background? And then set the displaced bullet a couple of frames behind the visible bullet??

I really want this to work, I spent many hours on this and also I find my self to have learned so much in the progress, really love AE, but I am really stuck here...

Regards Hamid

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Apr 14, 2010 at 7:11:43 pm

I cant make a copy of the bullet and use that as a displacement map since I also imported the camera data from cinema4d.

Is it possible to just draw some sort of a trail and keyframe it to follow the bullet and then make a displacement of it so it blends with the background?

I have a lot of layers and precomps in my comp and my background precomp is located in the bottom of all layers, where do I put my drawing layer compared to the background in order to make the displacement blend with only the background?

Hamid

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Apr 15, 2010 at 6:17:29 pm

Please advice??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]