FORUMS: list search recent posts

Imported shapes are skewed (for instance circle appears as oval)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Moyer
Imported shapes are skewed (for instance circle appears as oval)
on Jan 6, 2010 at 1:37:24 am

I'm working in After Effects (CS4), and I go into effects -> browse presets which takes me into adobe bridge. If I select a shape, like a circle, and import it, the aspect ratio comes back screwy and it appears as an oval in AE.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Imported shapes are skewed (for instance circle appears as oval)
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:45:07 am

This is likely due to the pixel aspect ratio in which you're working. Try adjusting the properties of your layer (select it in the timeline and hit ctrl+shift+Y) and check what ratio it's in. Try changing it to square pixels.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: Imported shapes are skewed (for instance circle appears as oval)
on Jan 6, 2010 at 3:39:57 pm

In addition to what Micheal suggests (not in place of), it's important to make sure that the aspect ratio and dimensions settings for both your comp and the layers within it are what you want them to be and that you're viewing everything correctly.

For the first part, go into the comp settings and make sure the aspect ratio and dimensions are correct. Also, (as Micheal pointed out) check the same things in the layer settings.

For the second part, make sure you are aware of your comp viewer's aspect ratio correction setting (there's a toggle button at the bottom of the comp viewer) and that the "correction" feature only affects what you see while working (not the actual output).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]