FORUMS: list search recent posts

Oompa Loompa Veruca Salt song from Willy Wonka effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kk Akuoku
Oompa Loompa Veruca Salt song from Willy Wonka effect
on Jun 8, 2016 at 10:24:12 pm

I'm really really curious about one specific effect from Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory - the type warping effect during the Oompa Loompa song after Veruca Salt falls down the hole (stars at 0:14 in the video below):

At first, I thought this was achieved through archaic technology, but then I saw Family Guy's parody of the same scene (starts at 0:47):

and something very similar during the Millipede Song from Charlie The Unicorn 4 (at 0:48):

Now I'm convince that AE (or some other program) had a significant hand at the latter two. Can anyone identify the technique used here?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Oompa Loompa Veruca Salt song from Willy Wonka effect
on Jun 9, 2016 at 6:01:48 pm

Looks like it was originally created with a DVE(digital video effects) and then filmed.

To recreate that I would use a combination of individual text animations, and some of the distort effects, CC Bend It, Bender, Bezier Warp, or Mesh warp

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kk Akuoku
on Jun 9, 2016 at 6:46:48 pm

Hmm...what kind of text animations would you suggest?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jun 10, 2016 at 1:30:58 pm

Take a look at the 3D animate in presets. Some of those might work as is. Or you could make your own, this is a quick attempt at recreating the illusion entrance, without any distort effects.

10186_textanimator.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]