FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render fast question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hanna dean
Render fast question
on Jun 8, 2016 at 2:27:08 am

Is there a way to render fast with with effects on.

it dont matter how many effects can be 1 to 100 the question is what other way is there to make this fast.

for example any method to load via cmd + ffmpeg.
or some tool that is out , or maybe render each layer 1 by 1 to make it faster rather then render all layer at once.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Render fast question
on Jun 8, 2016 at 7:11:10 am

Besides upgrading your hardware there are things you can do, but that depends on the project.
Rendering passes can help. For example you can apply a motion blur pass and color grading after you render other effects first, instead of trying to render all with motion blur and grading.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

hanna dean
on Jun 8, 2016 at 7:31:44 am

wow it has alot of features using it , i have a general text

General text

now how do i add fire all around general text , or fire around each text or smoke

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jun 8, 2016 at 8:18:44 am

First- I think you're responding to the other post, second, there is a tutorial on the videocopilot site - watch that, it should give you all that you need.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 8, 2016 at 10:39:51 am

Tell me your system specs again?

We have some big dual-CPU multicore workstations with gobs of RAM, so we use CC 2014 for all our rendering. Ae CC 2014 was before the preview re-write, and still had the old multiprocessing feature, which can launch multiple background instances of the renderer in order to work on multiple frames at the same time, distributing the load over multiple cores in your system.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Soham Jani
on Jun 8, 2016 at 5:50:09 pm

Not sure if you know this, but you can also make proxies of your composition too.

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

hanna dean
on Jun 8, 2016 at 7:37:55 pm

wat is proxis in vfx how to use it

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 8, 2016 at 7:40:40 pm

Hanna, I highly recommend you read this section of the documentation:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/improve-performance.html

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

hanna dean
on Jun 8, 2016 at 8:15:46 pm

i have and i have top end machine , and i am asking because it dont take nothing to ask or hurt to ask ,

am trying to find out what after effects has to offer when it comes to rendering , i seen multi machine render this is good.
i seen online render service.

am looking for another way plugin or something that wil speed up render in timeline specially when added effects, adobe says turn off layers with effects when not in used or when trying to work on new layer , erm am trying to find a way to keep all effects on and have make the timeline work smooth rather then wait for it to load frames.

maybe their is ways someone will know , only if there was a tool to seperatly just process each layer 1 by 1 rather then all of them at once this is what causes the slow down.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 8, 2016 at 8:26:25 pm

[hanna dean] "i have and i have top end machine ... am looking for another way plugin or something that wil speed up render in timeline specially when added effects, adobe says turn off layers with effects when not in used or when trying to work on new layer , erm am trying to find a way to keep all effects on and have make the timeline work smooth rather then wait for it to load frames."

Ae is in the middle of an architectural overhaul. The application was over 20 years old and until very recently, it still relied on a lot of old assumptions about how computers are built and what's necessary for performance.

We are starting to see some of the benefits from the re-architecture work in Ae CC 2015, but it's still obviously a long way off from where I think we all expect it to be. It's painful to preview something and see Ae crawl through it while using like 7% of my available CPU resources today, but the more modern architecture Adobe is working on now should enable the first real performance gains in many years in future releases.

[hanna dean] "only if there was a tool to seperatly just process each layer 1 by 1 rather then all of them at once this is what causes the slow down."

The caching in Ae is pretty complex and does this to an extent for you.

You can do it manually via proxies as Soham mentioned. There's a description of how to use proxies in the documentation that I linked you to.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

hanna dean
on Jun 8, 2016 at 9:29:48 pm

i never used proxies in after effects , and dont know how they work.

when you say proxies it refferrs to me as web http proxies am sure its not that , maybe you can give me more little info what that does then il digg for more information , maybe show me a utube video of it then il find rest

Return to posts index

hanna dean
on Jun 8, 2016 at 9:37:21 pm

SO sir proxies are faster ?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 9, 2016 at 12:20:14 am

[hanna dean] "SO sir proxies are faster ?"

Not necessarily. Unfortunately, there are no hard and fast rules for Ae optimization. It depends on your comp, it depends on your hardware, it depends on your settings...

If there were an "always make it faster" button, I would tell you. There is not. Ae is not a real-time system, and until Adobe delivers some performance improvements from this new architecture, there's not a lot we can do about that.

The best advice I can give you is actually read the Improve performance page [link] and the things it links to (it referenced proxies, for example). Then try a few of the recommendations. Experiment. See what works better for you with your projects in your workflow. Be smart about where you turn things down and where you leave them cranked up to balance the trade-off between interactive performance and preview render quality. Know that what works well on one project might work better or worse on another.

Regarding proxies specifically, I will remind you of four things.

1) If you have configured a fast internal SSD for your disk cache, you should already be getting a lot of the benefit a proxy could provide without the manual overhead of actually setting them up.

2) Proxies do not have to be stills, or low-quality, or low-resolution. You can make high-quality proxies of hard-to-render comps so Ae can refer to the proxy files afterwards instead of relying on the cache (which may be cleared or automatically pruned) or re-rendering.

3) Lloyd Alvarez's BG Render script [link] is great for rendering proxies of comps in the background while you continue working elsewhere in your project.

4) Make sure that you change your render settings "Proxy use" option from "Use no proxies" to either "Use comp proxies" or "Current settings" if you wish for your renders to reference the proxies instead of the cache or re-rendering.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]