FORUMS: list search recent posts

setting up a layer to only be seen by a single camera

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Sutherland
setting up a layer to only be seen by a single camera
on Jun 6, 2016 at 11:05:36 pm

I have a comp with multiple cameras as part of a VR set up. I have 6 cameras one for each angle. I have specific backdrops I want to add to each camera. Is there any feature in AE that will allow me to assign individual layers to only be seen by specific cameras?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: setting up a layer to only be seen by a single camera
on Jun 6, 2016 at 11:41:43 pm

Sorry, but AE can only have one camera active at a time.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ben Sutherland
on Jun 6, 2016 at 11:51:06 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding. It's not that I need it to be active at the same time per say. What I am looking for is the equivalence of cinema4D's background tool. Something that says "this image is only visible to by this camera where as this image is only visible to this camera.

For further explanation, I am using Mettle's Skybox Studio which creates a 6 camera set up. Im trying to feed specific images into each of those six cameras.

Why would I do this? Because Skybox Extractor isn't working for some reason. Ive already filed a bug with the company and posted a issue here on Creative Cow (https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1074232).

Skybox Creator does work for me right now as well as Skybox Converter. So, if I could get my skybox converted content into the skybox creator comp I could continue forward with my project. That leads me to the problem of having each of the six sides of skybox converter output only being visible by one of the skybox creators's cameras.

I appreciate the response as well, as always, Creative Cow being the continuously kick ass resource it is.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jun 7, 2016 at 4:07:27 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Jun 7, 2016 at 4:09:51 pm

I'd guess that if you create six layers in exact positions so that they form a cube, and position the cube exactly in relation to the cameras (so that the cameras are properly aligned to the cube coordinates and dead center in it) and link the two with a null, you'd end up with a scene where each of the cameras only see that one face of the cube. Although I'm not clear as to whether you want the layers to move with the camera or not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]