FORUMS: list search recent posts

For lower 3rd, I want text to appear from a mask. I know I need an adjustment layer...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Chavinsky
For lower 3rd, I want text to appear from a mask. I know I need an adjustment layer...
on Jun 6, 2016 at 9:00:11 pm

So, I'm not great at explaining this..

I want a line to pop out from the left side of the screen, and when that line arrives, text pops out of that line, on the top and the bottom.

I know I need to use an adjustment layer to do this.. but there's something I'm not understanding here.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: For lower 3rd, I want text to appear from a mask. I know I need an adjustment layer...
on Jun 6, 2016 at 9:16:47 pm

You do not need an adjustment layer.
You just need to put a mask on your text layer and animate its path to follow the line.
OR you can apply a Linear Wipe effect to your text and animate the completion to follow the line.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave Chavinsky
Re: For lower 3rd, I want text to appear from a mask. I know I need an adjustment layer...
on Jun 7, 2016 at 1:23:39 pm

Thank you Michael!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 7, 2016 at 1:59:13 pm

You're welcome!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]