FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking face in Mocha Pro to add 3D models to it in Cinema 4d issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Ainge
Tracking face in Mocha Pro to add 3D models to it in Cinema 4d issue
on Jun 4, 2016 at 3:15:11 pm

I have about 40 pieces of short green screen footage on a locked off camera of people moving around that I need to composite 3D objects onto their face. There are tracker dots on their face. I've found Mocha Pro to ALMOST give me what I want, but I run into issues whenever I try to export and I'm getting low solve percentages everytime. In the viewport the planar grid seems to be tracking just fine, and then when I solve I get a low solve % or nothing at all. If it does solve and I get a higher percentage, when I import into Cinema, it doesn't match the rotation or paralax that I'm getting in Mocha, and I find I have to manually fix keyframes to get the desired result.

Tracking in Mocha is new for me and have been watching many tutorials, but I don't seem to be figuring out why the camera solves are so bad when it looks just fine in the viewport. Or why they just won't even solve and it pops up with error messages.

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
Re: Tracking face in Mocha Pro to add 3D models to it in Cinema 4d issue
on Jun 6, 2016 at 9:47:31 pm

mocha Pro does not really replace a 3D camera tracker for this kind of project. mocha's 3D solver is based on 2D planar tracking. For a set extension or a rigid area it i can also give a very good 3D camera solve, but for moving object solve (such as a persons face), it is a lot trickier.

Essentially you first need to get a Camera Solve on the rigid areas, (parts of the set that are planes), before exporting the 3D solve for moving objects.

If you are new to mocha Pro, this may be tricky, but this tutorial might help:
https://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/mocha-v3-tutorial-using-3d-camera-s...

Good luck!

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]