FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why do I get a quality loss after importing my video into after effects CC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephan Egli
Why do I get a quality loss after importing my video into after effects CC
on May 27, 2016 at 5:36:58 am

I noticed after exporting footage for the first time with after effects that the quality of the footage is a little less vibrant (washed out/whitish) compared to the original footage. I thought first it might be because of an effect I did, or the way I exported the video. But I saw that the footage looks worse the moment I import it into after effects. Even with 100% and full resolution.
Never the less I tried exporting it a few different ways hoping it would restore the footage. But nope. Btw the original footage is Quicktime MOV and I export it to that, same frame rate and everything. Also I tried it without any effects, just the plain footage. Nope. I therefor think that it must be the importing.

Is there any importing settings I should change? Anyone else experience this? Been searching online but can find many complaints like mine. I will say the quality difference isn't huge, but it is noticeable if you look for it.

Some info I would like to mention: I have windows 7, 16 Ram and I have the latest adobe software available. I have tried exporting both with and without the media encoder.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Why do I get a quality loss after importing my video into after effects CC
on May 27, 2016 at 2:35:48 pm

There are 2 settings in QT for Gamma, 1.8 & 2.1. Make them match in AE and the footage should look fine. Also, you don't need to use AE color management.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 28, 2016 at 10:41:08 am

How are you comparing the videos? What codecs are you using?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Stephan Egli
on May 29, 2016 at 1:46:23 am

I open a video (original or exported version I have done both) in QuickTime, and then I take a snapshot of it, and then I compare it with the other video that I open in QuickTime. I know it isnt a snapshot issue. They looks the same. Also I can tell visually just by looking at the exported video that there is a quality loss.

I believe its H.264 HD1080p. That is the setting I picked in adobe encoder. Is that what you mean? And yes it is a 1080p video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]