FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Camera Tracker Duration?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Lewis
3D Camera Tracker Duration?
on May 17, 2016 at 3:10:39 pm

Hi, I am using the 3D camera tracker within AE and want to know if there is a way to specify that it only analyses for a specific set of frames? I think it references the original clip? This seems to take far too long. I've tried reducing the timeline work area but that doesn't work. Is there any other way other than cutting the footage myself?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

hanna dean
Re: 3D Camera Tracker Duration?
on May 17, 2016 at 3:28:00 pm

main problem can be is video files are compressed 99% of chance of failer is tracking application fails to detect pixels so what u do is make jpeg sequence out of that video and re import the jpeg sequence and set the frame rate on that imported jpeg sequence so it matches the original frame rate then try tracking it again it will work.

just add video to render quick and set option as jpeg sequence rather then avi.

then close project reimport the jpeg sequence it wil work , just set the frame rate once you imported it.

Return to posts index

Soham Jani
on May 17, 2016 at 3:30:17 pm

Well, um, I don't know if that is very practical, though yes, you could convert your footage to something else that would be easier for AE to track/render, but again, it depends.

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

Soham Jani
on May 17, 2016 at 3:28:42 pm

Well, I'm not aware of such an option built into the tracker as of right now, but you could just split the layer where you want the tracking to end and just track that part of the footage.

Return to posts index

Ben Lewis
on May 17, 2016 at 3:35:21 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. The conversion option seems just too long winded for my project. But I'll try splitting the layer. Thanks

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on May 17, 2016 at 4:26:16 pm

Why would you want that? Maybe specify what you're trying to accomplish, and we can help you find a solution. If you're only trying to track the camera for a short shot, why not trim the clip to only the section that you want to use?

Return to posts index

Ben Lewis
on May 17, 2016 at 5:37:04 pm

Hey, Im currently trying to get my head around the 360 workflow and i'm struggling. I have a system called Skybox Studio and i'm tracking footage within that. It's one long take and I tried camera tracking that but I seemed to track the entire clip. I have cut the section and I am now trying on a shorter clip. I've been following a great tutorial from Mettle but Im finding it tricky.

Thanks for your support.

Return to posts index

Soham Jani
on May 17, 2016 at 7:56:29 pm

You're better off starting a new thread about that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]