FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I have an outline stroke/paint on the rotoscope outline on a moving object?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Vu
How do I have an outline stroke/paint on the rotoscope outline on a moving object?
on May 15, 2016 at 9:20:22 am

I'm having a problem. I outlined a moving object using the roto brush tool and I can't seem to do anything that I'm looking for. I want to put an outline on the object but the paint brush will still only paint anywhere. I tried the outline effect, but that colors in the whole body. Is there a way I can just keep the roto brush outline? I don't understand how something as simple as outlining an object when everything else is removed is so hard, or maybe I'm just stupid? I'm using the "Replace with After Effects Composition" in Premiere if that matters.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How do I have an outline stroke/paint on the rotoscope outline on a moving object?
on May 15, 2016 at 12:38:33 pm

Try Autotrace.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jay mueller
Re: How do I have an outline stroke/paint on the rotoscope outline on a moving object?
on May 16, 2016 at 2:01:06 pm

make your rotoscope layer a sub-comp. Then apply: layer styles / stroke

Return to posts index

Nick Vu
on May 16, 2016 at 9:47:46 pm

I'm sorry guys, I'm in a bit of hurry because the video has to be done pretty soon, and I'm using someone else's computer to work the program so I can't exactly learn everything (yet). If you don't mind, can you please tell me how to use autotracing and setting layers and all that? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 16, 2016 at 10:07:37 pm

Precomp the toto'd layer. Highlight it. Go Layer>Auto-Trace. Use the alpha channel. It creates a mask or an animated mask on a solid, based on the alpha channel. You can then apply the Stroke effect to the mask. There's your outline.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]