FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color and Particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Najum Anwar
Color and Particles
on Apr 20, 2016 at 11:51:09 pm

Hey everyone. First time posting on creative cow. So I am working on a project where I have an image of a gradient bar that goes from purple to red. specifically from purple,blue,light blue, green, yellow, orange, and to red. I would like to showcase this using particles or Video Copilot saber effect (mainly to make it look flashy and not stale). Is there a way to create this with the appropriate colors? It is just a solid bar so I don't need any of the particles to really move. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I can explain further if further detail is needed.

Return to posts index

Soham Jani
Re: Color and Particles
on Apr 21, 2016 at 11:41:17 am

Can you post a screenshot or a video of your effect? I haven't worked with Saber too much, but I'll see if I can try. And yay, your first post on CreativeCow!

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

Najum Anwar
on Apr 21, 2016 at 3:42:18 pm

Thanks Soham. Here is the image.

There is a white bar that slides right then left. When it hits in the red the amount of particles shown below increase, and when it goes left it decreases. The ramp bar at the top is what I would like to change and look better rather than having just the image that I am currently using. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Soham Jani
on Apr 21, 2016 at 4:53:11 pm

Well, it seems you have composited each layer separately, maybe. If that's the case or something of the sort, maybe use a glow effect and have the colors glow whenever the slider goes into a particular color region. Or, change the color of the particles too?..

Return to posts index

Najum Anwar
on Apr 21, 2016 at 6:08:15 pm

Everything is set up to its own layer. The particles below shows the "concentration" So when the slider goes to the right there are more particles below and to the left less particles. What I would like to do is have maybe a glowing bar or a stream of particles that engulfs the color slider bar at the top but maintains the gradient colors.

Return to posts index

Soham Jani
on Apr 21, 2016 at 6:44:26 pm

So maybe make a solid around the different colors and add feathering, and then a glow?

Return to posts index

Najum Anwar
on Apr 21, 2016 at 7:16:28 pm

So here is the original

And here is what I have come up with so far. I would love your thoughts on it.

I created a solid and alpha mat it to an image of a gradient i made (based on the colors of the color bar). Then I used saber to give it a nice glow effect with some opacity. I duplicated the pair of layers and changed the preset of my saber to attempt to give it a sort of glowing plasma inside effect. Over all of it I added the original gradient and through a multiply layer effect so that it would transfer the color.

Return to posts index

Soham Jani
on Apr 21, 2016 at 9:39:44 pm

The saber effect looks great on it!, mainly because I love using saber too. I think you're probably all set at this point then, and I'm proud of you for doing this! I'm not your dad. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]