Animating Colours in a Photo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikita Papastamatis
Animating Colours in a Photo
on Mar 30, 2016 at 10:29:17 am

Hi All,

I just need a bit of help on how I would "animate" this photo:

I want to make it so the colours fly into the image. I have tried using the "CC Particle Systems II" with a mask path thing, but have had no luck. Is there any other way i could go about this?

Thanks for your help :)

Nikita

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Animating Colours in a Photo
on Mar 30, 2016 at 3:54:50 pm

i'd make the colored stripes in a separate comp that is roughly the height and width needed for just the colored bands, without any distortion (so it would look a bit like a flat flag).

then take the comp into a new normal sized comp and add the bezier warp effect. with that effect you should be able to pull the right-side corner together and adjust the sexier handles to pinch them to a point, then adjust the other handles and corner points to make that final shape.

once you have that, you can go back in to the bands comp and animate the bands revealing, possibly with simple position slides or linear wipe.

then when yu go back the other main comp, the colors should flow on with the shape that was created with bezier warp.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Mar 30, 2016 at 4:15:13 pm
Last Edited By Kevin Camp on Mar 30, 2016 at 4:24:06 pm

an easy way to recreate the colored bands, is to take your image that you posted, drag that to the new comp icon in the project window, move the image off the right side of the comp and add cc repetile, setting the tiling to 'slide' and expanding the left edge to fill the comp.

then it would be fairly easy to draw rectangular masks around each stripe, and animate the masks to reveal each color.

if you need to smooth out any of the jpeg artifacts in the image, try adding smart blur before the cc repetile.

then take that comp into a new comp and add bezier warp to recreate the shape.

---------edit---------

sorry, rather than putting the masks in on the image in the stripes comp, add the masks to the stripes comp in the main comp. then add the bezier warp effect.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Nikita Papastamatis
on Mar 30, 2016 at 10:30:20 pm

Thanks Heaps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]