FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to Zoom in without appearing to resize

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paula Zimmerman
Trying to Zoom in without appearing to resize
on Mar 30, 2016 at 4:08:50 am

This should be simple, but I'm just not getting it. I have an image of a person at the end of a table. I want to zoom into the person without appearing to resize the borders of the image because I have it set in a grid with other images.
Do I need a track matte here? I've looked at using a camera with a null and the pan and zoom tool, but nothing is working. A little direction, please?

Return to posts index

Avnish Singh
Re: Trying to Zoom in without appearing to resize
on Mar 30, 2016 at 9:29:01 am

You can try masking out the person in photoshop in a different layer. that way you have 2 images, one foreground/person and other the background.
Import those two in after effects and turn them into 3d, now you can go to custom view and place them back in z space.
Just like you make a set extension. Then you can work around the camera specifically for foreground and background.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Trying to Zoom in without appearing to resize
on Mar 30, 2016 at 2:41:17 pm

If you created your grid by using masks, I would just duplicate the layer and name the top layer "matte". On the bottom layer, delete the mask, and change the track mask(press F4 if the mattes column isn't visible) to "alpha matte". Now just keyframe the scale of the bottom layer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]