FORUMS: list search recent posts

Light glow on text from left to right

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucy Lu
Light glow on text from left to right
on Mar 16, 2016 at 8:06:21 am

Hi! I’ve been working a lot with Premiere, but I’ve recently started playing around in After effects as well. I’ve been working on a project, but there was one thing i couldn’t figure out how to do. I tried google searching but i didn't find anything helpful. I’m wondering how they did, or rather how i can achieve a similar effect on the text as they’ve done in this trailer:

As i’ve said i’m not really that experienced with this program, so i’d appreciate if you’d explain in a way that I could understand! Thanks for the help!

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Light glow on text from left to right
on Mar 16, 2016 at 1:33:32 pm

Make your text layer. Add an adjustment layer above it and add the glow effect, tweak the settings to taste. Now just add a mask to the adjustment layer(about 25% the width of the comp), twirl open the settings and add a very large horizontal feather. Now just animate the mask from left to right.

Here's an example project demonstrating technique.

9890_glowtext.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 16, 2016 at 4:32:17 pm

Or CC Light Sweep (or whatever it's called).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Lucy Lu
on Mar 18, 2016 at 12:45:52 pm

Hi again. I want to thank you both for taking your time to answer my question, it really helped me out! I'm very thankful, and I appreciate the quick response. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 18, 2016 at 5:45:14 pm

No problem! :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]